I don't know what's going on with this week, but it's like I've entered the twilight zone. I am not productive at all at work, and yesterday I had the weirdest day that I just ended up coming home. When I got there (and was explaining to one of my coworkers that Seth and I want to stay put for awhile), she told me that our client wants me to go to Texas next week. Oh, goodie. So, I need to try to reschedule book club, but I don't even know what days I'm supposed to be gone...let's make a decision, folks.
At noon, I left to meet Seth to have a quick lunch and donate blood (one of his bank branches was having a blood drive, and we were both going to donate). Come to find out, you needed an appointment, and they only had one opening. Of course, I got it. Goodie number two.
After a good, solid meal I donated (for the first time since high school...and thank goodness, I didn't pass out like before!) Afterward, I was heading back to work, stopped at a light to turn right, and CRUNCH. I got rear-ended. Goodie number three. Sometimes you have those days where you feel like you just should have stayed in bed.
Fortunately, I was fine, she was fine, and she felt really awful....she said "Oh, and you just went and donated blood..." which after the fact I thought was kind of funny. I expected the bumper to be dented, but there's really nothing but a scratch. Crisis averted.
So, I continued to the office to deliver the Diet Coke (requested by my coworker), and turned around and came home. Today, my arm is healing from the blood donation, the car is sitting peacefully in the driveway, and I am working from my living room!

3 comments:
Sorry about the bad day. It always seems like once it starts it is a never ending chain reaction of bad thinks. Hope your week gets better.
things always come in threes. sorry you had a bad day. i've never donated blood but maybe i know why...car accidents. you've actually encouraged me even if you got into a little fender bender.
Hey there, I see you're interested in Geology...that's awesome, because you'll love this site!
Soon to be a geologist’s dream site…
http://www.rockoutcrops.webs.com
Through our site you will be able to:
1. Submit your own rock outcrops to our database.
2. Find outcrops submitted by other users based on outcrop location or lithologies.
3. Discuss your experiences through the blog.
4. Upload pictures
5. Check out the Geology Links
Post a Comment