Thursday, October 2, 2008

Six weeks to a greener, weed-free lawn!


So, we made it! About an hour ago, our lawn was finally hydroseeded!! I swear, Seth and I have been spending every waking moment (when we've not been at work) raking, piling leaves and branches, spreading dirt, weed-whacking, mowing, power raking, etc.....until this moment. For the first time in a month, I have no idea what we're going to do tonight....I'm sure the inside of the house could use some attention, but maybe I'll put that off for a few more days.


It's been difficult getting things ready, but I'm proud of the fact that we did it. If our original plan had worked (where we were going to hire someone to help us do all of this...and he bailed on us...) we wouldn't have had the satisfaction of doing it ourselves! :) We spent last night making the finishing touches...and I had to go do an emergency raking of the backyard at 11AM because the wind was blowing leaves off the tree. Whew.


Now, our lawn is green for the first time in....well, ever (even though it's just a green dye that will fade in a couple of days). The hydroseeding company is expecting us to have approximately 3" of growth in 6-weeks! For those of you in the Treasure Valley, if you ever need any hydroseeding done, let me know and I'll be happy to recommend this company. Also, if any of you are looking for landscaping assistance, I will also give you the name of the guy who bailed on us....don't use him! :)


I think Maggie will have the hardest time over the next 6-weeks. We've put up a temporary fence to keep her trapped in one section of the backyard when she's outside. Although it's plenty large, she realized this morning as she went tearing after a squirrel that she cannot get through the fence with her face.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

congrats on your hard work and the hydroseeding. we had really good luck with our 6 years ago and we love our lawn.
can't wait to see it.
good luck with maggie